The 2018 National Metropolis Awards
The 20th National Metropolis Conference Steering Committee is pleased to announce the opening of our call for nominations for the National Metropolis Awards. These awards recognize and celebrate outstanding contributions to the field of immigration and settlement in Canada.
The National Metropolis awards intend to establish a benchmark of achievement and excellence, bringing pride and peer acknowledgement to the deserving recipients. For 2018, there are three award categories to nominate candidates under:
- National Metropolis Service Provider Award (Non-profit)
- National Metropolis Researcher Award (Academic/Graduate Student)
- National Metropolis Policymaker Award (Former or Current Civil Servant)
The National Metropolis Awards Subcommittee, consisting of members of the Steering Committee, is responsible for selecting the Award recipients. A nomination for each of the three categories of the National Metropolis Awards may be submitted by any persons working in the field of immigration and settlement in Canada and should include:
- A one-page statement explaining reasons for the nomination;
- A copy of the nominee's full curriculum vitae;
- And two letters of recommendation.
Awards will be presented at the 20th National Metropolis Conference at the Westin Calgary. Please submit your nomination to Ashley Manuel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions must be received no later than February 5, 2018. Earlier submissions are appreciated.